I attended a the Sandwich Generation conference at UCO a few weeks ago and came across a number of great resources that I wanted to share for caregivers and/or anyone concerned about aging services and or dementia/ Alzheimer’s concerns.
Listen weekly to “Well Preseved with Eunice Khoury” on KTOK am 1000 in the OKC market at 7:06am on Saturdays or on the iheartradio app.
- Sunbeam’s Caregiver Fundamentals Program – 8 week super helpful course. Info at http://www.sunbeamfamilyservices.org
- Caring.com – bit.ly/1ggrztr
- Caring for Caregivers – bit.ly/PcHC5K
- eCare Diary – bit.ly/08GJtZ
- The Caregiver’s Voice – bit.ly/1e4izYG
- Caregiving Cafe – bit.ly/1dKfL87
- Caregiver Support – bit.ly/1lhStqi
- Medicare info – aarp.org/medicareQA
- Alzheimer’s Reading Room blog – bit.ly/1mpqZio
- NORMAN Alzheimer’s support groups
- Arbor House Care facility – 1st Thur of month – noon. firstname.lastname@example.org
- McFarlin Methodist Church – 3rd Wed of month – 11:30am. email@example.com
- Norman VA Center – 2nd Tues of month – 1pm & 4th Mon of month – 1pm. 405-360-5600
- Broyles Foundation – broylesfoundation.com and in OKC at 405-848-5790
United Way partnerships
- National – unitedway.org
- OKC – unitedwayokc.org
- Norman – unitedwaynorman.org
Blessings to you as you help others with these resources.